Monday, July 18, 2005




Hoo!!!

Nice outfit, isnt it?

That was before the operation when i was all excited about how going under the knife felt.

In the operating theatre, i talked to one of the nurses non-stop... and occassionally with the surgeon too.

It started with them asking where the operation was for...

I pointed to my right ear with a "There!"

It followed a trail of echoes "Oh... so small!"

"That's not the only one. There's another one here..."

I showed and everyone laughed. and surgeon asked "It's so small... you want to remove it?"

{it's slightly smaller than the size of the tip of ladies' pinky}

"Yes. I dont want to risk an infection. It might grow and it would be uglier!"

"oh ho ho.... you're right."

A typical question: "It would leave an ugly scar?"

His reply: "I'd try to not make it ugly... but do you want an ugly scar? I can do it for you too."

"Is it going to hurt?

"Just an ant bite"

"Why is everything an ant bite? Injection an ant bite, operation an ant bite etc..."

Everyone laughed and one nurse whispered "Becasue the ant is very naughty. Likes to bite people"

Haha...

"Why is it so much cheaper to operate in a GP?"

"Because here, we ensure we use the safest method. They dont have so many nurses in the clinic right?"

Anyway i didnt remove the one on my right ear. Surgeon said it might disfigure my ear with the stitches or leave a hole visible from the front.

"It's from piercing your ear. So it's safe. It probably wasnt done properly so some skin went in"

Everything was good at the hospital...

People polite and friendly, service quick...

Within the operating theatre, there was even a nurse to monitor my heart beat/ oxygen level/ talk to me so i wouldnt feel nervous.

Had wanted to see it being done.... but they didnt allow.

The only thing im not very happy about was that i had to remove my nail polish. What a bother.

The doctor warned "im going to inject you now ok..." and it went in.

"Did it hurt?"

"A little. It probably wouldnt if it was done faster"

The nurse informed that he was going to inject a little more.

I awaited for the injection to be over...

But before it was told, the surgeon said "The operation's almost over."

"What? It has started?"

Before i left, another nurse asked "You're schooling? Secondary school?"

"No. I've already graduated and working"

I was granted a 3-day MC.

But no, i cant wait!

Im going back to work tomorrow! Im goign to the Art Gallery tmr for a photoshoot. Cool! Im all excited.

After the operation, Jon and I went shopping! and I had Thai Shark's fins with crabmeat. Now i know i shouldnt have. Sigh...

Almost bought a shoe from St. Louis... but he protested.


istillcryMonday, July 18, 2005

Credits


juu. designer

DISCLAIMER My reality exists in the surreal dimension so you cant fault me for appreciating all things deviant. So go on, sing my tune!


Links

Jon the Speckled Egg
Pi
Feli-san
Wee Quan
Chiku Lorry Dick
Penni Lopez
Rayner
Dearest Jeremy
Mark Lee
Jason Teo
Melissa W
Michelle
L'utopie
Vio
Eugene
Darius
Emmanuel-la
The Great Beauty
Still an Enigma
Just an Attitude

Profile

Yours Truly- Tevon

No.
Wait.
Look at me.
Listen to my mind.
It's speaking to you.
Tell me you comprehend.
Tell me you will twig.
My words shall never cease to exist.

Catch me at oustie.quista@gmail.com

i tried not to think of it
i tried to control my tears
but every night i lie awake
on this pain-stained pillow

yes, my dear
but still i cry