Sunday, January 30, 2005


My sickness subsided as soon as I returned for work on Monday. In one of the longest while, I felt healthier than others. While fellow colleagues were fighting the epic virus and some taking MCs, I remained in the pink of health… despite the fatigue that is.

I then braved myself through the inevitable release of our full year financial results analysts and press conference. The 3 days event saw me dying to return home. Especially when we’re ‘tasked’ to MINGLE WITH THE PRESS. The affectation of being your most affable self isn’t exactly nice. I feel kinda disgusted that my job requires me to stoop to this level in the name of the company. Sometimes i wonder... why do we have to do that? This big and established company, financially healthy with big footprint across the globe, is bound for positive coverage, no? I'm just blabbering... i understand in its entirety. We can always garner more coverage… and more conspicuous spots... and more extensive coverage… and better rapport… yada yada yada… That’s why I say Public Relations is serious work.

The hotel food, however, came as a good pat on the back.

I slowly feel an affinity and yesterday, all in my department were notified of the 7.5- month bonus!!!

Initial reaction: WHAT?

And after talking to my colleague, I realized that this is only a month odd diff from the previous years. “Think of the money!!! We’re doing it for the money”, as what some
colleagues frequently tell me.

Now now… my GM will be bringing us to “low hei” mid Feb… I can’t wait cuz i know her reputation would only allow us to go to some good restaurant.

I’m kinda falling in love with my manager. Her bubbly nature and eloquence drew me to her when she said “Ze me ban? Our lao ban yao wen na li is the tape” (directly translated from “our GM will ask where the tape is”)

Well, I have received my first pay… and immediately went to the Jap Buffet at Miramar hotel with Jon. Will be buying Dad and Mum and Fel and Pen a meal too. Currently shopping for Jon’s parent’s and sis’s present too… while I shop for my New Year clothes (courtesy of Jon’s Mum).

Gave the opportunity to emcee for a charity singing competition a miss (a favour for a friend). I didn’t think I would be in time for the buffet if I had gone for the emcee stint. No worries… am sure there’d be lots more opportunities; esp in my company.

Penny-Lopez is back!!! And she’s back with goodies for me!!! Thanks Pen… you and Fel shall come lunch with me at Harbourfront come Wed/ thurs k.


istillcrySunday, January 30, 2005

Credits


juu. designer

DISCLAIMER My reality exists in the surreal dimension so you cant fault me for appreciating all things deviant. So go on, sing my tune!


Links

Jon the Speckled Egg
Pi
Feli-san
Wee Quan
Chiku Lorry Dick
Penni Lopez
Rayner
Dearest Jeremy
Mark Lee
Jason Teo
Melissa W
Michelle
L'utopie
Vio
Eugene
Darius
Emmanuel-la
The Great Beauty
Still an Enigma
Just an Attitude

Profile

Yours Truly- Tevon

No.
Wait.
Look at me.
Listen to my mind.
It's speaking to you.
Tell me you comprehend.
Tell me you will twig.
My words shall never cease to exist.

Catch me at oustie.quista@gmail.com

i tried not to think of it
i tried to control my tears
but every night i lie awake
on this pain-stained pillow

yes, my dear
but still i cry